Temporary Human Resources Assistant - Maternity Cover
New College Durham Academies Trust comprises of North Durham Academy, which opened in September 2011 and Consett Academy which opened in January 2012.
A challenging HR agenda has been set with the clear aim of supporting the Academies in achieving their key aims and objectives and this post is pivotal in supporting them.
The HR function operates a shared service and spans across both Academies, and whilst the successful candidate will be primarily based at North Durham Academy – there is an expectation that they will work from Consett Academy as and when the need arises.
Temporary Human Resources Assistant Maternity cover (approximately 7 mths)
37 hrs pw – Term Time Only + 2 weeks Scale 5 £17,732 - £19,447 pa (actual salary)
We are seeking a flexible team player, who is customer focussed. Reporting to the Academies HR Advisor, you will provide direct HR administrative support to the HR service through to the HR & Business Director, interacting with senior Academy staff up to and including the Principal on a daily basis.
The main tasks of the role are administrative and include, but are not limited to:-
- - Administering all staff starter and leavers documentation
- - On-going maintenance of HR ICT systems
- - Record and process staff absence – including sickness/Leave of Absence – monitoring and reporting back findings via monthly reports – attending and recording sickness absence reviews
- - Monthly administration of all payroll changes (including change of circs/address etc).
- - Record/monitor Performance Management for both teaching and non-teaching staff
- - Note taking at formal Academy meetings
- - Respond in a timely manner, to ad-hoc queries, via phone, face to face and email.
Ideally, you should have previous HR experience and should be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to produce accurate work, whilst maintaining effective productivity levels.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all representatives of the community.
Completed applications should be emailed to: HR@ncdat.org.uk or via post to: Human Resources, North Durham Academy, High Street, Stanley, County Durham, DH9 0TW no later than Noon: Thursday 3 July 2014.
Applicants should assume they have been unsuccessful if we have not contacted them within 28 days of the post-closing.
North Durham Academy is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and will undertake the appropriate employment checks to meet this commitment.